- "11 Alternatives to "Round Robin" (and "Popcorn") Reading"
- Reading Pinterest Board
- "7 Reasons Why Reading to Children Wires Their Brains for a Better Future"
- Adlit: Library of Reading Strategies
- Reading Like a Sleuth
- SCOPE: Reading Like a Historian Strategy
Say NO to Popcorn!!
Would you purposely:
- stigmatize poor readers
- try to weaken comprehension
- sabotage fluency and pronunciation
Of course not, but if you are still using the 200 year old practice of Popcorn or Round Robin reading, that's exactly what's happening. Check out this Edutopia article that offers much more effective strategies for reading in the classroom.
"11 Alternatives to "Round Robin" (and "Popcorn") Reading" by Todd Finley
Check out my Pinterest Board, "Reading."