It's kind of like going home after trick-or-treating - you spread out all your candy on the table and see what 'cha got!
Once in your team, do a little sorting first - here are some options:
- three piles: "Got it, " kind of got it," "nothing close" (or whatever titles you give them!)
- Sort by similar mistakes
- Be sure to go beyond simple correct/incorrect - look for breakdowns or gaps in thinking/knowledge.
Questions to consider when looking at results:
- What do they know/what can they do now?
- In what areas do you see success?
- What patterns in student mistakes do you see?
- Where are the possible places their thinking broke down?
- Two students can get a question/problem wrong but for very different reasons. Group common mistakes together.
- What could be the root cause of each mistake?